It is the policy of L&M Tree Services Ltd to take a positive attitude to the health, safety and welfare at work of its employees,
contractors and all other persons who may be affected by its operations.
It is our intent to demonstrate an ongoing and determined commitment to improving health and safety at work throughout our business by:
- Maintaining the health, safety and welfare at work of all our people and any other people
who may be affected by our work activities.
- Ensuring that everyone who works for and with us will be adequately protected from
foreseeable risks of occupational injury or ill health.
- Complying with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAW) and all
other relevant legislation.
- Adopting and working with relevant codes of practice and industry best practice guidance.
This is achieved by:
- The provision of the Health and Safety Policy, procedures and arrangements, which are
monitored and reviewed, and by the provision of funds and facilities to meet the requirements
of this policy.
The policy is implemented by:
- Open communication and consultation of H&S issues between everyone involved in the
business and what we do.
- Assigning clear roles and responsibilities for safe working.
- Ensuring all our people, the sub-contractors and stakeholders are aware of this policy and
committed to its effective implementation.
- Providing instruction and training as well as competence checks to ensure our people and
sub-contractors are able to safely undertake the work assigned to them.
- Informing and agreeing our people, sub-contractors and stakeholders of any relevant work
related hazards and risks as well as the appropriate controls to reduce them to an
- Reviewing accidents and incidents on a regular basis.
- Actively monitoring and checking workplace compliance.
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture.